Friday, April 20, 2012

Welcome to the 1968 Beetle blog, about a garagefind Beetle that I purchased 4/15/2012, it sat in the owners garage since about 1976. It is a complete and original with 56,186 miles. In essence this car was driven for less than ten years although it is 44 years old.

I'm no stranger to aircooled VW's having owned several continuosly since 1980. I will be going through the brakes, fuel, and electric systems to get it running as soon as possible.

Follow along the adventure of bringing this rare vintage VW back to life from it's long sleep.

This picture is from inside the garage before dragging it out.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like it will be a pretty awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just bought a 68 of my own, almost the same story. mine has been sitting for almost 30 years. i have not got her started yet, rebuilt the carb the other day and havent had the chance to reinstall it yet. brakes are shot, also.

    where are you located? I am in arlington va. i am going to have to start a blog also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So.... It is now 2017. I wonder what the car looks like now. What happened to it and how much money it took.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So.... It is now 2017. I wonder what the car looks like now. What happened to it and how much money it took.

    ReplyDelete